Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Why A.L.L?

Malo 'e Lelei,

My name is Christine Tupou and I am a Year 7 & 8 teacher from Glen Taylor School. My Teaching as Inquiry looks at Accelerated Learning in Literacy (A.L.L). My ALL group is made up of 7 boys from my class - 2 Maori boys, 3 Tongans' and 2 Burmese. The purpose of my Inquiry is to raise student achievement for my ALL boys in Writing.

Why were they selected?

  • Currently writing below expectation and with extra teaching and support, are capable of making the shift.
  • The students are on board and have shown interest towards this programme.
  • Students are aware of their learning goals and with extra support will be able to achieve these.
  • Helping to up-skill their knowledge and learning in writing.
  • For the Year 8's - priority is getting them reading for their literacy learning in high school.



No comments:

Post a Comment