Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Lightbulb Moment

I had a lightbulb moment today and I am proud of it - YAYYYY!

I have a clear understanding of my CoL intervention now. 

Inquiry Question: How will I change my teaching practice to ensure I am creating opportunities for learners to think critically in their learning?

Intervention Draft: I have been in touch with a couple of staff members from Tamaki College to talanoa about my vision. So part of my inquiry this year is the transition from Y8 to Y9. So far, I have a target group in Y9 and a target group in Y8. The students have helped by putting this intervention idea together. 2 key ideas I gathered from meeting with both cohorts were:

  • Have more High-school weeks at school. Often this is a one week initiative a year that we hold in Term 4. The Y9 learners have suggested perhaps having more of those. 2 in Term 3 and 2 in Term 4. Reason being, one of the main struggles for the Y9 learners was moving around the school for class.
  • Create an opportunity for the Y9 learners to mentor the Y8 students. Meet with them couple times in Term 3 and in Term 4. First session is a "Get to know your mentees" and the rest of the sessions is when I implement some critical thinking tasks for the students to work on with each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment