Friday, August 24, 2018

ALL Observation - 23rd August 2018



Thursday 23rd August - I was observed by our ALL facilitator Mayleen. The purpose of this lesson was to illustrate the ALL strategy of GRR (Gradual Release of Responsibility).  It was based on mind-mapping and grouping of ideas, eventually developing into paragraphs for the students writing. I used a tool called 'Popplet' - to help my ALL boys with their planning but also help elaborate their ideas for their writing.

Popplet is a tool which allows users to visualise their thinking and ideas. Teachers and students can create graphic organizers, timelines and many other forms of visual organizations. A strength of this tool is the ability for students to collaborate but also present their ideas in a format that is easy to understand.

At the end of the lesson, I received some positive feedback from Mayleen. She identified that my lesson covered majority of the ALL strategies; front-loading, visual learning, gradual release of responsibility and double-dosing. I took this feedback very positively and I felt it was a 'shoot for the stars' moment. I noticed I was more critical about my lesson through our discussion. Identifying areas I thought I could better rather than celebrating the positives.



No comments:

Post a Comment