Monday, March 16, 2020

Blog post #1: Inquiry Stock Take


Reflection

What worked well?
  • Using data to make informed decisions about selecting target students to work with, forming hypotheses, 
  • ALL intervention strategies
  • Whanau Engagement with intervention
  • Student voice
  • Talanoa sessions 
  • Having another CoL Teacher to work alongside with at school 

Challenges
  • Consistently monitoring/reflecting on my inquiry
  • Identifying WHAT & WHY some students assessment results were inconsistent (probe results different to their PAT results)
  • Finding time to commit to professional readings & research to help with my inquiry
  • TIME!

Additional Support I'd like
  • Taking it upon myself to reach out to other CoL Teachers (across & within schools), communicate with Woolf Fisher research team for some insight/advice
  • Seek support from experienced practitioners to further enrich my inquiry this year


What I aim to learn about Inquiry this year
  • How to be a more effective within schools CoL Teacher
  • How to have a purposeful Inquiry - ensure my achievement challenge is relevant to school data results (ie. Our priority groups are Reading: Maori, Writing: Maori & Boys, Maths: Maori, Boys, Girls & Pasifika)
  • How developing relationships with Woolf Fisher Research Team and Manaiakalani Team could enhance effective teacher practice and my understanding of research.

No comments:

Post a Comment