Thursday, May 21, 2020

Blog post #5: Developing Hypotheses...

Describe your process for developing hypotheses (hunch) e.g. what you read, who you talked with...

Developing a hypotheses proved to be challenging this year. With the national lockdown, everything that use to be deemed 'normal' was no more. So, I had to sit and really think this one through.

After discussions with my fellow CoL teacher (Poto) and our school Management team, we've identified that literacy is still an area of concern.

The following things are what I have identified as my hypotheses. I feel that if I manage to accomplish these steps or make some progress on these things, it will further clarify what my next steps would be in regards to my inquiry.


  1. IF I provide opportunities for more authentic learning experiences, THEN my students will be able to read & write about it in a more communicative way, because they are able to make connections to it, and write in a way that connects their audience to the experience.
  2. IF I encourage Talanoa as a methodology for gaining insight from my students, THEN I am taking into account my students ethnic/cultural practices and creating an environment that my students feel connected to.
  3. IF I teach my students at LEVEL 4, THEN we'll most likely produce accelerate results.
  4. IF I change my teacher practice so that it encompasses opportunities of integrated learning, THEN my students will be able to consolidate strategies and learning in all areas of the curriculum (using the Learn, Create, Share model.)
  5. IF I can help develop my students knowledge of vocabulary in literacy, THEN my students will develop an in-depth understanding that will enable them to think critically about what they're reading/writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment