Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Blog post #4: Collecting of Evidence and Data

Begin to collect evidence and data and come to the next session ready to share your preliminary findings about the nature and extent of the student challenge i.e. using your baseline student data and evidence

Collecting Data and evidence has been at a steady pace because of lockdown. However, student work output provides some form of evidence of students work ethic and abilities.

I started collecting evidence by using the Literacy Learning Map document. This was provided by our ALL intervention facilitator. Using this information, I converted it into a google form Learning Map - Google Form (as did my fellow CoL teacher Poto Faalili), and invited the students to complete this to provide me with some background knowledge on their interests and what their thoughts are about literacy.

Due to Lockdown, I feel like my inquiry came to a halt. It was the fear of not knowing how to go about things because was use to be normal (assessments, in-class observations, 1 to 1, guided sessions) is no longer normal. Virtual learning is now the new normal.

However, in hindsight, I plan to use the following to collect data and evidence from:

1. Literacy Learning Map/Google Form
2. Student Blogs
3. Student Home Learning Site (This was an expectation for my class to create during lockdown. We are planning to use it for the remainder of Term 2)
4. Student Work Output (looking at the quality of the work they have produced)







No comments:

Post a Comment