Monday, May 30, 2022

Blogpost #3 - Preliminary Findings

Begin to collect evidence and data and come to the next session ready to share your preliminary findings about the nature and extent of the student challenge i.e. using your baseline student data and evidence

With my inquiry this year being on "Teacher and Student well-being", I will have a mix of concrete and abstract evidence for my findings. 

My target group (teachers and students) is my team of teachers and my class as a whole. My team did partake in the 'Occupational well-being' survey and my students have completed a learner voice survey that I will conduct on a termly basis. 

I aspire to conduct the learner voice every term to ensure there is consistency but also to affirm the results are not just based on a one off experience. The most recent learner voice was based on Teacher expectations and Teacher-Student relationships. Here are the results:


Standards & Expectations:
-Believes I can learn
-Is sad when I not do well
- Tells students off if they have been naughty
- Students are well behaved and do not get in the way of my learner
-Is very good at treating everyone in the same way
-Is ready & organised to teach us there is no time wasted getting things ready

Teaching & Learning - Relationships
- Cares about me
- Trusts me
- Is excited about teaching me
- Is interested and listens to my ideas
- Takes time to find out things I am interested in
- Knows what I can and can't do in my learning
- Is someone I look up to; I think very highly of them.

Another piece of evidence i'd like to share is my class winning the Glen Taylor School 'Alan's Class Attendance Award'. Since the beginning of Term 2, Room 11 has won this award EVERY WEEK (that's 5 weeks). I consider this evidence because it shows me that my learners enjoy school. They are attending on a daily basis, the sound of laughter and chatter ripples through the class and the student work displayed around the class reciprocates this.



No comments:

Post a Comment