Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Blogpost #4 - Hypothesise & Research

 1. Share your findings about the nature and extent of the student challenge. Make sure it is clear what evidence from your inquiry supports each finding.

- From the 5 Achievement challenges, it was difficult to hone in on ONE particular challenge that I felt, best fit what my Inquiry is this year. I've decided to go with Achievement Challenge #1 because of the keywords "Cultural Visibility and Responsive Practices across the Pathways". 

My inquiry this year is on the importance of 'Student and Teacher well-being' and how it impacts the learning that takes place in the class. It's a broad focus, but I feel it holds power, especially in the times we're living in. The reason I made this decision, is because I have seen how chaotic it's been with student/teacher absences due to covid, the winter flu and other illnesses. Days of recovery take up to 2 weeks. The absences and even the returning to school after it, can take on a toll on everyone.

So, my hypotheses for my inquiry this year is: Schools need to consider HYBRID LEARNING as a new form of teaching (in this day and age) and should further implement it and not use it as a one-off mechanism. Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our learners and teachers and being well aware that the recovery process for covid and the flu, can easily take up to two weeks.

Some of my Findings: 

1. Student Absences may not seem like a big problem. But, absences add up quickly. And, these missed school days can have a big impact on the child's learning. 


2. Staff Absences 'through the roof' at schools due to illness surge. This year, covid and the flu have hit hard, particularly in our schools.



No comments:

Post a Comment