Tuesday, February 13, 2024

2024 - Let the new journey begin!

 Malo e lelei 2024 :)

Back and excited to be in a new role this year, working as an Across Kahui Ako Teacher. My focus this year will be on the transition of Year 8 students into High School.

This role would draw on my experience working with GTS colleagues and Y7&8 students, to assist students' transfer from primary to secondary learning by boosting their readiness, engagement, agency and confidence.

Throughout my years of experience in Education, I have witnessed the critical importance of a seamless transition for students from Intermediate to High School. This is pivotal in a student's education journey, influencing their future academic trajectory and personal growth. I am motivated to ensure this transition is as smooth and empowering as possible for each student.

In conjunction with this, I want to enquire about collaborative teaching and how it's deemed to be the "new successful approach" to teaching and learning, through all learning areas. 

I also look forward to further implementing the resources and knowledge I'll be gaining from RPI. Last year, I was a mentor teacher, this year, I decided I too wanted to further up-skill myself and actually take part in the Reading Practice Intensive, to better my own practice and to ensure I am doing the intervention justice. 

I look forward to working alongside my fellow Kahui Ako Teachers and our learners for 2024.


No comments:

Post a Comment